Rules for Buckeye Tennis Effective Tuesday 5 May 2020
Augmented by RTC Board of Directors
- Buckeye Tennis Courts are for Rossmoor Residents only. Guests are not allowed
- Must adhere to social distancing of 6’ at all times. People waiting for court time must remain 6’ apart.
- Masks must be worn at all times except while playing.
- If sick or exposed to Covid-19, stay home.
- Use Hand sanitizer stations and/or wash hands for 20 seconds
- No sign-in at kiosk. If courts are full, alert others you are waiting. See separate posting for court reservation procedures
- Singles matches only. Limit to 60 minutes for match. No rotations, no substitutions, only two people can move onto a court during the hour.
- Those waiting for court time must stand a minimum of 6’ apart. No use of benches or bleachers.
- [Can bring your own chair provided you do not share it and you remove it after play]
- No gatherings before or after matches.
- No sharing of club or personal equipment.
- Players must bring two set of differently numbered balls to play. Each player will only touch, with their hand, their own “individually labeled/numbered” tennis balls. If players’ balls can’t be easily distinguished from each other, they must leave the court
- No tournament play, league play, or group instruction.
- No handshakes or contact.
- BBQ area will remain closed. It is a Picnic area under GRF rules.
- RTC rule: Gate latches will be wired open. Gates to courts are to be opened only with purified hands, racquets or feet.
- RTC rule: The Ball Machine may not be used by anyone at any time.
These rules are based on the USTA COVID 19 Guidelines “Playing tennis safely: Player Tips and Recommendations [PDF] [HTML]” and GRF.
Use of Golden Rain Facilities is subject to City, County, and State Health Code directives. Conditions of use may change without notice. Abuse of these rules will jeopardize the use of this facility for all Residents.
- Gov. Newsome's Executive Order FAQs: including Tennis (singles) and Health Order
- Contra Costa Health Order Apr 29, 2020
All players are expected to politely caution anyone observed ignoring these rules. If a player reacts to a caution impolitely or continues to ignores the rules he/she should be reported to an RTC board member for board consideration and resolution.