Monday, May 17, 2021, 01:30pm - 03:00pm
by _RTC Webmaster
Contact Larry Barclay
President - Larry Barclay
All present except Dave Hickey
Vice President - Al Peters
Secretary - Joyce Decker
Motion to accept minutes of April 2021, Seconded, Approved
Treasurer - Ken Steiner
- Report discussed. Motion to accept, Seconded, Approved
Tournaments - Chris Slee
- Tournaments ok to proceed per GRF. Saturday, June 5 designated for "Welcome Back" tournament. Announcement to be sent out by Chris with sign up info. No refreshments at this time
Social - David Hickey
- Discussion of Saturday BBQ's. Suggestion made to have musician perform for first gathering. Amy to get cost estimate. Larry will investigate possible BBQ masters to provide cooking
Membership - Terry Quinlan
- A resident artist has volunteered to paint flowers on remembrance sign. Discussed. No interest at this time
- Carol Pillsbury has volunteered to maintain supply cabinet. YES!
- 202 members
- Terry found camera tripod left on court.
- Suggests re-emphasizing court times. Larry will send email blast to announce going back to original 1 1/2 hour (doubles) and 1 hour (singles) when courts are full. Begin sign in again
Facilities - Jerry Quinlan
- Leaf Blower discussion of battery vs. electric. Motion to allow Jerry to purchase leaf blower with a $200 max budget, Seconded and Approved
- Waiting for status of First Serve estimate of court crack repair
- Jerry will send email blast regarding open status of ball machine and proper use
Publicity - Amy Bollinger
- Continues to submit tennis tips and articles to Rossmoor News
Information Technology - Chris Slee
- Corrected Error accessing web site. Traced back to our Antispam support. Reinstalled
- Has placed "how to Help" on right side of applications.
- Tuesday/Thursday drop ins continue. Beginning June without co-ordinators. Larry will notify helpers
- Tennis Clinics beginning June 2 by Eugenio Ovalle every Wednesday on Court 1 and 2 for beginners, intermediate, and advanced. Open to all Rossmoor residents, maximum 6 persons, reservations thru his email, no charge. Larry to send info to members, Amy will post in next Rossmoor News
- GRF has notified Larry that a new quieter backboard will be installed. We need to remove old wall if we want to save or donate it ASAP otherwise it will be destroyed.
- Discussed beginning ball machine clinic again on Fridays. Terry will look into interested persons to host.
- Next Meeting ... see Board / Admin Calendar on this site
Location Gateway Plaza, next to Fireside Room and in front of the theater.