Subject: Rules for Access and Use of Buckeye Tennis Complex
This was apparently an update to GRF Rule R106.2 from 2009
Purpose: To establish rules for use of Buckeye Tennis Complex
The Rossmoor Tennis Club promotes tennis play and organizes tournaments as well as social activities for the club’s members. Club membership is an individual choice and is not a condition for use of the Buckeye Tennis Complex.
Due to the unique etiquette governing play, the Golden Rain Foundation Board of Directors has delegated to the Rossmoor Tennis Club the day-to-day responsibility to:
- Determine conditions and/or restrictions for tennis play and use of the Buckeye Tennis Complex
- Schedule and organize matches and tournaments
- Monitor and enforce player compliance with the Tennis Court Rules
- Serve in an advisory capacity to GRF in matters related to the Buckeye Tennis Complex
The following rules have been adopted for resident and guest use of the Buckeye Tennis Complex which consists of eight (8) tournament quality courts and associated facilities.
A. GENERAL RULES FOR USE OF TENNIS COURTS
- The courts are available for play during daylight hours. During early morning and evening hours especially, players should avoid loud noises and conversations which may disturb local residents.
- Courts are only for the use of GRF Members and their accompanied guests.
- Except as provided in Section B, court usage is on a first-come-first-served basis unless previously reserved.
- All players must sign the register in the kiosk prior to play and include the time shown on the court clock in the kiosk and the court number reserved. If court is to be used for instruction, member shall meet teaching professional at kiosk and sign in for court.
- Each sign-in allows use of courts for one hour for singles matches and one hour and thirty minutes for doubles matches, unless there are no other players waiting for a court. Use of the ball machine shall be for one hour.
- A court is considered available if any of the following apply:
- The court is empty
- Time has expired
- There is no sign-up time posted in the register
- The sign-up time is later than the court clock time
- The next scheduled waiting players are not present to take occupancy.
- A court is properly occupied by at least two players or one person using the ball machine.
- An active player may not be on a court waiting list at the same time.
- A minimum of two players must be physically present in order to sign up on the waiting list for a court except one person may sign up to use the ball machine.
- First waiting players will, without entering the court, notify the active players when their court time has expired. Active players may finish the current game and then must immediately relinquish the court.
- Smoking and food are not permitted within the fenced court area. Glass containers of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirts must be worn at all times and tennis shoes must have non-marking soles.
- Observe accepted rules of tennis etiquette and courtesy. Please leave the court cleaner than you found it and return court cleaning tools to their proper place after use.
- The courts may be closed for short periods during the week for cleaning.
- To prevent damage to courts, no user-owned ball machines are allowed without prior approval from GRF. Residents should contact the GRF Recreation Department for information on how to obtain approval.
- Open Tennis
- Open Tennis is defined as 4 or more players per court.
- The Sequence of play is rotational rather than first come-first served.
- No sign-up is necessary during Open Tennis
B. BUCKEYE COURT RESERVATIONS / PRIORITY
- Due to daily play demand and scheduled tournaments, only court number two (2) is available after 11:00 a.m. for instructional use or single-player practice, which means use of the ball machine.
- All courts are available to residents and their accompanied guests for Open Tennis every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. When the courts are full during these hours, private games must either, yield to open tennis play, or allow open players to join.
- Courts are reserved for a Wild Card Tournament held the first Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon (Or when competition is completed). All GRF Members are eligible to play in this tournament.
- Courts may be reserved in advance for league competition or tournaments by the Rossmoor Tennis Club.
C. BUCKEYE – SOCIAL AREA AND BARBECUE RESTRICTIONS
- The barbecue in the social area operates on propane gas and is available for general use by GRF Members and their guests.
- The tables and counter space within the social area can be reserved by GRF Members and Recognized Organizations, except when the tennis courts have been reserved, either by the Rossmoor Tennis Club, for league competition, tournaments or the Saturday evening barbecue held from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Reservations for the social area including use of the barbecue must be made through the Recreation Department.
- Storage areas under the counter and in the storage lockers are reserved for use by the Rossmoor Tennis Club.